Autumn in New Zealand is a great season to do home cleaning and prepare the house for a cozy winter. Although the months are not the same as in the other parts of the world, the weather is still mild enough to tidy up what was missed during the summer.
If you have religiously followed our spring cleaning checklist, you will find many similar tasks. You can either hire a cleaning company Auckland to do the fall house cleaning for you or do the tasks yourself. Honestly, we highly recommend the former. You will not be overwhelmed with dirt, clutter, and messes. Plus, you will have more time to focus on more important things.
Fall cleaning usually starts with outdoor tasks, and then you can move indoors when the weather becomes a little bit colder. Here is the ultimate fall house cleaning checklist that can help you prepare your home for a warm and cozy winter.
Fall House Cleaning Checklist
There are a lot of tasks that you need to do before winter comes. Otherwise, you will not be able to have them done when there is snow on the ground. Use this fall house cleaning checklist to get your home ready for the coldest season of the year.
Outside Your Home
- Get winter-ready by doing the following autumn chores.
- Clean and store the outdoor furniture, summer toys, and umbrellas.
- Touch up the trims, railings, and decks with paint. Remove the flakes and prime bare wood before painting.
- Service and store all your gardening equipment. It will save you a few dollars on repairs.
- Clean the gutters and downspouts of dried leaves and others.
- Winterize the water features and pool to avoid costly repairs.
- Remove the window screens and replace them with storm windows. You will need a handyman for this.
- Start your fall house cleaning routine by cleaning the exterior and interior windows.
- Do an intensive outside home inspection to inspect the roof for any cracking or loose shingles.
- Have chimneys and flues inspected and cleaned if necessary.
- Clean or replace the HVAC filters.
Inside your Home
Autumn house cleaning is very much the same as spring cleaning. You can contact a cleaning company Auckland to do the following deep cleaning tasks for you.
- Focus on cleaning the common areas like the family room, living room, foyer, and guest bathroom.
- Clean from top to bottom.
- Vacuum the blinds and curtains, don’t forget the corners and baseboards.
- Have your upholstered furniture professionally cleaned. Premium Clean offers this service. If you are not hiring cleaners, vacuum the furniture. Don’t forget to include beneath and behind it.
- Turn the mattresses over. You’ll thank us later.
- Change the beddings, including the duvets, blankets, pillows, mattress pads, etc. You’ll have a guaranteed warm and cozy winter.
- Call the cleaning company and schedule a professional carpet cleaning service.
- Clean and organize your kitchen cabinets and stock up on supplies.
- Clean all the kitchen counters and appliances.
- Clean the vent and oven hood.
- Clean the fridge and freezers. Remove the dust and clean the refrigerator coils.
- Don’t forget to inspect and clean the small appliances!
Wrapping It Up!
There are a hundred fall house cleaning tasks that you need to complete to prepare your home for the winter. House cleaning alone can take much of your time. We strongly recommend getting help from Premium Clean, your most trusted cleaning company in Auckland. They help you get ready for the winter and enjoy the fall season more.
Julie Ann Salvatierra is a freelance writer and a mother of three. She enjoys being part of a project that builds a brand or launches a business to the next level. As much as she loves writing, she tries to keep the balance by spending time with her kids and living life to the fullest.