A comprehensive seasonal home maintenance checklist to keep and clean the house, both in terms of time and money.
Home maintenance is an ongoing process and to uphold the highest standards one needs to keep the maintenance schedule on track and easier to manage.
Owning and caring for the home is no less than a world of different responsibilities, a home maintenance checklist is an answer to all our questions. Taking care of both everyday chores makes seasonal tasks tackle in an easier way.
To-do lists make everything easier, starting from season to season, and from identifying the most important tasks to less important ones. Here, the checklist helps schedule seasonal updates, repairs, and cleaning, along with a handful of seasonal tasks.
Summer is a great time for fun and frolicking under the sun with cold beverages. Apart from this, harsh heat can cause a string of damage to the exterior and interior components. So, take the time to focus on the exterior of your home, as well as your lawn and garden.
- Check out the kitchen and bathroom cabinets Keep cobwebs clear and take care of ants, spiders, moths, etc problems
- Clean out patios and window wells with debris
- Inspect and clean dryer venting systems and other exhaust vents
- Clean behind the fridge and vacuum the coils in the back to keep it running smoothly
- Check drains and inspect plumbing for leaks as well as outdoor faucets
- Remove lint and debris from the hoses behind your washer and dryer
- Clean ceiling fans and kitchen exhaust fan filters
- Touch up exterior paint and patch cracked concrete
- Oil garage door opener and chain, garage door, and all door hinges
- Prune trees and shrubs
- Service the air conditioners
- Clean the washing machine and electrical fireplace
Perfect season, generally dry, and temperatures moderate. With vibrant colors and cool winds, it is going to be fun to complete the home maintenance project!
- Winterize the air conditioning system
- Get the heating system ready for winter
- Turn off and flush outdoor water faucets
- Check driveway/pavement for cracks
- Purchase winter gear
- Inspection of fireplace and chimney
- Clean rain gutters
- Observe proper garbage disposal
- Cleaning of stovetops and underneath the gas range
- Mow and rake the lawn
- Drain, clean, and cover the swimming pool
- Arrange carpet shampoo
- Re-caulk/seal around doors
- Seal cracks and gaps in windows and doors
- Replace batteries and replace carbon monoxide detectors
Last but definitely not the least seasonal home maintenance checklist is for the winter season. While below-freezing temperatures can cause a number of problems, there is a list of mandatory winter home maintenance tasks that one must follow.
- Check all locks and deadbolts on your doors and windows
- Clean drains in sinks, tubs, showers, and dishwashers
- Check the basement for leaks during thaws
- Remove showerheads and clean sediment
- Deep clean and inspect the basement
- Clean your fireplace
- Ventilate your house more
- Do a pest inspection
- Inspect the roof, gutters, and downspouts
- Vacuum refrigerator and freezer coils
- Cover the air-conditioning unit
Spring where we especially need to focus on the exterior of the house. However, spring cleaning is most of the time completely overlooked.
- Inspect roofing for damage, leaks, etc
- Yard for pooling water
- Siding and foundation for damage
- Roof for missing or cracked shingles and trouble spots
- Clean out the gutters
- Trim trees or shrubs back
- Clean the grill
- Inspect and wipe windows
- Wash gutters
- Power-wash outdoors and rake the lawn
- Drain and clean the water heater
- Repair cracked, broken or uneven driveways
- Change the air-conditioner filter
- Power-wash windows and siding
- Pump the septic tank
- Inspect the chimney for damage
- Drain or flush the water heater
- Fertilize your lawn
Premium Clean is your Partner For All Seasons!
We hope you liked our seasonal home maintenance checklist. Above mentioned are a few seasonal home maintenance guides that should walk you through keeping your home in tiptop condition. If you do not have the right supplies, machines, and equipment, we can help you with that! Contact us now for more inquiries.